We are here to help you. Immediate Need? We Are Available 24/7.(941) 833-0600
The goal of our funeral home is to honor your loved one and give them the ceremony they deserve. Not every funeral is the same as the other and you can still make it unique, even though this is a traditional ceremony. Whether you want a memorial, cremation, or celebration of life, that doesn’t mean you can’t still have a burial or funeral service. Contact us so we can discuss your options and work with you to design a service that meets your needs and fits within your budget.
On this page, you will learn more about the purpose of a funeral service, how a funeral service is structured, as well as the types of funeral, and personalization ideas so you can utilize to customize it and make it even more meaningful for those attending.
If you have any questions about our Punta Gorda funeral services, feel free to contact us.
What is the Purpose of a Funeral Service?
A funeral not only honors a life, it also helps loved ones on their grief journeys. Through adding personal touches, the funeral can both capture a life story and help loved ones honor their memory.
What Happens at a Funeral Service?
Typically, a funeral includes a visitation, funeral service, burial or cremation, and a post-funeral reception. However, these traditions may vary depending on your religious and personal beliefs, and you can customize your service to create a truly unique funeral experience.
At the visitation, you may view your loved one, express your condolences to the grieving family, view any memorial displays or videos, and sign the funeral register book. The funeral service is typically at a church, funeral home, or another significant location. It may include a eulogy, scripture readings, prayers, memorial songs, and other meaningful tributes.
If you choose to bury your loved one, there also may be a funeral procession to the cemetery. After the burial or cremation, everyone may gather at the service location or another place for a post-funeral reception for a meal and sharing memories of your loved one.
Funeral Service Types
“Funeral service” is a broad term that can be broken down into many different funeral service options:
- Traditional funeral service — This is a typical service with a visitation, ceremony, and burial or cremation. You also can choose to not have a visitation, but we encourage you have one, as it helps everyone grieve their loss.
- Celebration of life ceremony — This is similar to a funeral service, but allows more room for creativity and may not always follow the traditional elements of a funeral service.
- Graveside funeral service — You can have this instead of or in addition to a traditional funeral service or celebration of life ceremony.
- Direct burial or cremation — This wouldn’t include a visitation or service, but we encourage you to have a service, as it both honors your loved one and helps everyone grieve their loss.
Funeral Personalization Ideas
Simple, yet meaningful details can create a more personalized funeral service for grieving family and friends.
Some funeral personalization ideas include:
- A decorated display table of a loved one’s prized possessions
- Serving their favorite meal or famous recipe
- Playing their favorite songs
- Designing the service around a significant theme like a favorite hobby
- Incorporating their favorite color into the service
Why Choose Johnson-Taylor as Your Trusted Funeral Services Provider in Punta Gorda?
At Johnson-Taylor Funeral and Cremation, we pride ourselves in offering a wide selection of funeral service types in Punta Gorda. Whether you want a traditional funeral or a more out-of-the-box funeral ceremony, our staff is here to help.
Visit our funeral home or contact us to learn more about your options for funeral services.